Yah I did it! I took the A-Z Challenge and blogged for every letter of the alphabet for the Blogging Through the Alphabet Linky. Come join us and link up your Letter Z posts.
I pulled out several ingredients I had on hand and tried something new. I've made a shrimp casserole before, but this one was inspired by a Sante Fe Chicken recipe I found online. We didn't have chicken, but we had cooked shrimp available to use. This was a super easy and simple recipe to make. Enjoy!
Zesty Sante Fe Shrimp Casserole
- 2 Cups Shrimp (Cooked; Tails Off)
- Approximately 1/2 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Can Drained Whole Black Beans
- 3/4 Can Drained Sweet Corn
- 2 Cups (1 Bag) Uncle Ben's Brown Rice
- 1/2 Cup Colby Jack Cheese Plus Extra Sprinkled on Top
- Salsa Medium or Hot 3 Tablespoons or More *
- Several Squeezes (Lime Juice)
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder *
I greased a square 2-3" deep pan with PAM. The oven was set for 350 degrees. Everything was mixed together in a separate bowl before pouring it into the pan. I cooked until it bubbled on the sides which was for approximately 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on it because it'll depend on your oven.
This made 4 servings.
I will link this post up at Through the Calm Through the Storm's Blogging Through the Alphabet Linky. I will also link up at Tickle my Tummy Tuesday. Thank you for visiting A Learning Journey.