Saturday, November 4, 2017

Poison Dart Frog Featured Craft

We are still working through our Let's Go Geography curriculum and we recently finished the South America unit. I wanted to share with you one of the featured crafts from that unit which centers around Colombia's Poison Dart Frog. This week at Blogging Through the Alphabet we are focusing on the letter D so I chose Dart Frogs as my blog topic.

A short paragraph about the Poison Dart Frogs was provided as part of the curriculum. She learned that these Colombian frogs secrete a poison on their skin that you can't touch as a defense mechanism to warn off predators. She also learned that in ancient times, the poison was placed on the tips of arrows or darts when hunting for food or utilized in warfare. Alyssa also used the educational website link to research more information about them. 

In order to make this craft we needed white and green paper, scissors, glue sticks, and crayons. I printed the leaf template on green paper and the poison dart frogs were printed on white paper. After researching images of poison dart frogs, Alyssa colored the dart frogs. She was fascinated by the colorful designs of all the dart frogs. Next she folded, cut out, and glued the frogs to the green leaf template. That's it . . . it's a super simple craft.   

I will link my Dart Frog post up at Blogging Through the Alphabet Linky. D is the letter of the week so come join the fun and link up your post. I will also link this post up at the Virtual Refrigerator Linky and the Homeschool Blog Link Up.
Homeschool Coffee Break

Building Character Round Up {and Weekly Homeschool Link UP}

3 comments:

  1. That's a great craft project! Looks like it would have been fun to put together. Thanks for sharing it on the Virtual Fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable and fun craft! My boys loved learning about the rainforest and poison dart frogs. Thanks for sharing with us at the Virtual Refrigerator. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this project! I will need to have my son work on this! Thank you for linking up with us this week!

    ReplyDelete