Saturday, March 24, 2018

Human Anatomy and Physiology Vocabulary

I'm blogging today about Vocabulary for my Blogging Through the Alphabet post. The focus this week is on Letter V. My 10-year-old daughter and I are currently using Apologia's Exploring Creation with Anatomy and Physiology for Science right now. It is designed to be used with children in K-6th grade.

There are several interactive vocabulary activities included in the Junior and Regular Notebooking Journals. I am currently using BOTH of the journals with Alyssa. The Regular Notebooking Journal which is intended for older children has awesome crossword puzzles to help your child learn relevant vocabulary and their definitions. Alyssa looks forward to these puzzles which can be found at the end of each lesson. The photo below covers terminology taught in Lesson 3. 
Muscular System Crossword Puzzle

The Junior Notebooking Journal has several cut and paste activities that enable the student to become familiar with the vocabulary words including but not limited to Life the Flap books and vocabulary puzzles. The following photos are from Lesson 1 and 3. These activities can be used to learn and review terminology. There are other helpful vocabulary activities and mini-books, but I just wanted to give you a sneak peek of what we've done so far.     
Anatomy Vocabulary Lesson 1

Muscular System Vocabulary Lesson 3

Be on the lookout for my review mid-April. 
This is such a fun curriculum! 
I wish we had started it earlier. We are truly enjoying it.

I will link this post up at Blogging Through the Alphabet Linky. V is the letter of the week so come join the fun and link up your post. I will also link this post up at the Homeschool Blog Link UpLife at Rossmont's Wordless Wednesday, and Tots and Me Wordless Wednesday. Have a great day! 
Homeschool Review Crew Weekly Link Up


No comments:

Post a Comment