Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sonrisas Spanish School Arrived Today!!!!!

It's here! The newly released version of the Sonrisas Spanish School Level 1 Curriculum for preschoolers and kindergarteners has arrived in our mailbox today.  I was given the opportunity to use and review this curriculum with Alyssa. Alyssa and other young children are at the prime age for learning a second language ... having such a natural ability to learn new languages.  I have a Spanish degree ... even though I am not 100% fluent ... I want to give her the gift of being bilingual by adding a foreign language program to our curriculum.  She is a very eager learner and has already caught on to what little I have taught her over the years.  She is fascinated with the language and communicates in Spanish at times already.  I wanted to motivate her with meaningful activities so that she can appreciate the language and communicate freely.  The package arrived yesterday and I have already started digging into and reading the teacher's manual in preparation for our new journey. Please stay posted to hear more about our experiences with this curriculum. I plan on keeping you informed. This curriculum includes music, art, and literature activities along with other activities that seems to encourage movement and communication.
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment