What is a Cinquain Poem?
I used a poetry poster to introduce the term "cinquain."
Features or Steps to Write a Cinquain:
- It is a five line poem.
- 1st line is the noun or subject of the poem.
- 2nd line consists of two adjectives that describe the noun.
- 3rd line contains three (-ing) action verbs describing the noun.
- 4th line is a four word feeling phrase.
- 5th line is another noun that relates to, is associated with, or is a synonym of the noun.
- The 1-2-3-2-1 pattern will help you remember the format for writing the poem.
I decided to integrate technology into her poetry writing assignment. I asked her to type her poem into a Pages document. Then, she needed to add a clipart image to the poem. We did this together.
Here is a copy of the final draft of her cinquain horse poem. Alyssa (Age 6) titled it, "A Love for Horses." She submitted this poem as one of her two entries into the Children's Poetry Celebration and Contest in April. Click on the link to read the winning entries for each age group.
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF THE VENDORS AND THOSE INVOLVED IN CREATING THIS EVENT. WE HAD A BLAST PARTICIPATING!
Free Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) Poetry Posters
Poetry Cinquain Poem (4-6th Grade)
I will link this post up at Marcy's Blogging Through the Alphabet Linky. This week she's focusing on "Letter C." Come join the fun!