Friday, August 4, 2017

Five Minute Friday: Try Prompt

The prompt for today's Five Minute Friday post is: Try.

Several things pop in my head when I hear the word TRY. I've always been told you have to try new things before you know if you will like it or not.

First, was when I was much younger and people were encouraging me to try new foods at the table. I was also told that it is polite to try new foods if you are a guest in someone's house. I remember sitting at the dining room table refusing to eat and refusing to try new foods. When I became a mom, I asked my daughter to do the same thing: Try. Give everything a try at least once or twice before you make a final decision about it. Who knows you may decide you like it! Today we try new foods by experimenting with new recipes.

Later in life . . .  the word TRY resonated more - it was about trying new jobs and hobbies to figure out what I am most interested in and who I really am. That's how I realized that teaching was the field for me. I was working at a place called New Life assisting the teacher throughout the day with student behavioral issues and then it hit me hard. At that point, I went back to college to get my Masters degree so I could teach. I taught at a public school for 3 years but after giving birth to Alyssa I tried different homeschool methods and curricula. Homeschooling became our reality. But, I remind myself to keep trying new things so that school can be fun.

I TRY to be the best teacher and home educator I can be. But . . . most importantly I try being a mom who is present in my daughter's life. I try comforting her when needed. I try to listening when she speaks. I try to help when needed. I try to juggle our schedule. There are so many things we do as moms. The list is never ending. But the key is to never give up. Keep trucking along and do the best that you can! Keep trying. Oh no . . . I ran out of time and haven't finished but the time is up!

Hmmm . . . I know you are thinking what an odd response to this journal prompt. But, that's what I jot down in 5 minutes without editing my response. It sounds a bit like I am rambling about several different topics. I swear they all have something to do with TRYING. :) Your turn.

I will link this post up at the Five Minute Friday Link-Up. Come join the fun and share your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment