Saturday, May 5, 2012

Guadalupe River State Park Field Trip

As many of you know, my family visited us from New York and recently left town.  It is not often that I get to see my relatives so this was definitely a moment for us to remember.

We had the opportunity to go on several amazing field trips last month but I haven't had the chance to blog about them.  One of the spontaneous field trips we took was to the Guadalupe River State Park.  My brother-in-law, Hans Storsberg, enjoys photography as a hobby and we wanted him to see and experience the beauty of the park.  Please check out his music while visiting his page.  He is also a singer, songwriter, and guitarist.  All photos are credited to him and may NOT be used without his permission.  He was gracious and gave me a copy of the photos taken during his trip.  Thank goodness because I did not have my camera with me that day.

Since we didn't plan on going there we also did not have a bathing suit for Alyssa.  She was able to ... for the first time ever ... wear her clothes in the river.  She was thrilled! Uncle Hans shot photographs of her playing and enjoying the moment.  She explored the rocks and threw a few in the water.  She danced, frolicked, posed, and enjoyed splashing us.  She loved feeling the rocks between her toes and finding shells in the water with her Aunt Sammie.  We walked along the river's edge admiring the geology exposed and the natural beauty surrounding the rugged limestone cliffs. There was a gentle breeze and the river seemed very docile.

Hans took a wonderful black and white photograph of Alyssa with her daddy, but Jeff would kill me if I posted it because his shirt is off. LOL!  We are planning on another field trip to this location for a guided tour in hopes to see and hear about the Honey Creek State Natural Area.  I already started planning our discussion topics for the next trip which will hopefully be this summer.    
 
 
 





Chestnut Grove Academy Field Trip Friday Blog Hop



6 comments:

  1. sounds like a great time, I love to visit state parks ad explore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like SO much fun! I stopped by from Moments to Remember and I'm glad I did... your brother-in-law's photos are wonderful and the day looks like it was a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos and beautiful scenery! Thank for linking up at FTF!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to whoever took your daughters pictures they are brilliant. The black and white one is my favorite, such joy in her face. thanks for linking up to the Field trip hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guadalupe River State Park looks amazing. I am in australia and have not been there but I love the Cypress tree. I am No 9 at Field Trip Blog hop where I found your great site, Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies for reading this posts and checking out my brother-n-law's photos. We had a wonderful time exploring and enjoying the scenery. I hope to visit your blogs soon. Stop by again when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete