Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve Tradition

Christmas is tomorrow! Are you ready? I can honestly say that I am NOT prepared for tomorrow yet. 

I am cleaning the apartment and doing laundry so that my hubby can come back from the fire station to relax in a cleaner home. Christmas Eve is usually a busy night for them! I don't want him to be bothered by a mess as soon as he walks in the door. I still have many gifts to wrap. Last night I couldn't sleep so I am dragging today. I went to bed at 11:30 p.m. and woke up at 1:45 a.m. I have been up since then because I couldn't get back to sleep ... too many things on my mind I guess. I am in dire need of a burst of energy for tonight. Coffee is not helping at all.

It will just be my daughter and I tonight because her father is working at the fire station. We will eliminate a few of our family traditions in order to keep it simple this year. We are planning on Christmas music, movies, and game night. She will also help prep Christmas breakfast so that we can leave earlier tomorrow; we have been invited to the homes of several of our special friends. We always have a blast with them!

I have another Christmas tradition to share with you all. Every year I purchase a new pajama set for Alyssa to wear Christmas morning. She usually forgets that I do this so it always ends up being a complete surprise. She saw that a present was propped in the corner and said, "Where'd that come from?" I told her that tonight she would get to open a present from us along with her Christmas Eve book. She is so excited! She has been very helpful with chores today. She made a looong list of games that she wants to play, but I am sure we won't have time for every single one of them. She listed several of my favs too which makes the night even better. Later this evening, we will watch The Polar Express while drinking hot chocolate with red hots and marshmallows. We will also read Twas the Night Before Christmas by Clement Moore. Furthermore, I have the book on tape so that she can listen to it before bedtime while we brush her teeth and hair.

Want a sneak peak at her new pajamas? I found this set on sale at Kohl's online. They were also offering 30% off the discounted price with FREE shipping so it was a steal of a deal for me. I didn't have to leave my house nor did I have to deal with crowded stores and traffic. I think it is absolutely adorable! The set includes a doll nightgown for her bedtime bear. I am sure she will choose her musical white bear to sleep with tonight. She told me that she needed to go to bed early so that she won't be cranky tomorrow. I hope this is true!

I can't wait to see her face when she opens the box! Aren't they so cute?
Doll or Bear Nightgown

You are reading about just a few of our Christmas Eve traditions. Please check out several of my other Christmas tradition posts. The two most popular links are my Book Tree Countdown and our Jesse Tree. I would love to hear about your traditions so please consider leaving a comment. It is always a joy hearing from my readers. If you have enjoyed reading this or any of my posts, please follow my blog (A Learning Journey) and my Pinterest boards.
Merry CHRISTmas!

God bless,
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment