Friday, May 19, 2017

Country Rooster in Soft Pastels

The focused letter of the week at Blogging through the Alphabet is R. I wanted to share our Country Roosters with you this week. This project comes from Creating a Masterpiece. You can read my Creating a Masterpiece review on my blog.

Alyssa and I started with drawing the rooster and grassy hill using shapes such as jagged lines, circles, and ovals. Then, we filled in the background and blended the color into the Pastel paper using our fingertips as seen below.
My Starting Phase
Alyssa's First Step
Adding More Color
My Rooster Before Adding Color Details
My Finished Country Rooster
Alyssa's Finished Country Rooster
Using Soft Pastels as a Medium
I will link this post up at The Virtual Refrigerator Blog Hop. I will also link this post up at Blogging through the Alphabet. Check out all the great posts! Grab a beverage and enjoy blog hopping.

3 comments: