You Tube. This version is read too fast for children, but you can always do a Google search for a different one. I introduced the names of fruits and emphasized the life cycle stages in Spanish as an extension to our science unit. I usually add on a few fun extensions but we are still living in boxes.
A Few Lesson Extension Ideas
All extensions would use Spanish vocabulary and language.
- Caterpillar and Butterfly Crafts (Label the animal and/or animal parts)
- Sequence the Story Events Using Simple Phrases
- Sequence the Days of the Week
- Create a Pasta Life Cycle Wheel (huevecillo, oruga, capullo, mariposa)
- Match Fruits (Real, Plastic, Paper) with Vocabulary Word
- Play a "Concentration Game"
- Match Number to Fruit
- Sort Healthy and Unhealthy Foods (Food Pyramid)
- Create a Like /Don't Like T-Chart for Foods (Taste Test Real Food)
|Coloring la fresa|
|Playing with the Props|
|Utilizing the Book|
Have you heard the news? Sonrisas Spanish School has introduced a business opportunity to their curricula users. You can contact the company or sign-up for their newsletter to receive more information. Are you fluent in Spanish? Have you ever been interested in teaching young students Spanish? Well, if so this may be something worth considering. I am currently weighing the pros and cons. The start up cost is one of the things keeping me from taking the step forward even though I know that with a successful year I can make the money spent back. I am not sure what the demand for Spanish classes would be in our small town. Please contact Sonrisas Spanish School for more information about this business opportunity.
No, I am not an affiliate and this isn't a review. I just absolutely LOVE the curriculum and wanted to spread the word a bit.